With the help of countless committed volunteers, our Community Soup Kitchen at 18 Neilson St. in New Brunswick serves an average of 300 free meals every day to those in need. We serve meals Monday through Friday from 11am to 7pm and weekends/holidays from noon to 1:30 pm.
Some of the guests are mothers with young children. Some are elderly. Some are unemployed, others are working and can’t make ends meet. They are male and female, young and old, White, Hispanic/Latino and African-American. Guests of the soup kitchen are served in an atmosphere of hospitality and dignity. We offer guests the opportunity to select from a varied menu featuring nutritious meals prepared from the freshest ingredients. No one leaves Elijah’s Promise hungry.
- Our Bag Lunch Program provides a meal “to go” for people who are working or unable to make it to meal times. We are currently looking for groups to make and donate sandwiches for this project.
- “Fresh is Best” is a project which provides perishable and non-perishable food for people living with HIV/AIDS in Middlesex, Somerset and Hunterdon Counties.
Serve Our Community at the Soup Kitchen
- Consider donating one or more of the items listed on our Wish List.
- Sign up for volunteer opportunities on our Volunteer Hub
- Drop off smaller donations (i.e. a car load) at 18 Neilson Street. Hours for drop-off are Monday through Friday from 9am to 11am or 1pm-6pm; Saturdays and Sundays from 10:30am-1:30pm.