The Wellness Project presents an evening of conversation to inspire you, and a fundraiser for the Elijah’s Promise Community Soup Kitchen. Register online now!
Our evening agenda for March 1, 2017 is as follows:
- 6 pm: Snacks, Sounds, & Socializing. Enjoy tunes by the Danielle Illario Trio, food by Elijah’s Promise Catering, and meet our Fitness Ambassadors.
- 7pm: Presentations Begin.
- Welcome: Dr. Tracy Tutela
- Go With The Flow: Dr. Nidhi Kumar— Cardiologist and Assistant Clinical Professor of Medicine at Rutgers Medical School— describes the Flow state, a new way of meditating by “getting in the zone” or “lost” in an activity. The Flow state has been linked to happiness and improved cardiovascular health.
- I Text, Therefore I Am: Rahul Desai— Consultant at Fahrenheit 212— describes how sentiment analysis can catch depressive and suicidal thoughts on social media. More generally, he will explain how cutting-edge technology can enable better health and wellness.
- Reactivation: Andy Langberg— developer of Reactivation— describes his work on the energy system of the body. By strengthening the body’s energy system we can optimize our inherent ability to heal and achieve greater physical and mental health.
- Reach For The Stars: Abby Kelly— Physical Therapist and Founding Member of the Women’s Health Clinic at Rusk Institute of Rehabilitation Medicine— will explore how posture effects cardio pulmonary health as well as overall success.Your posture is one of your greatest assets.
- Dream A Little Dream: Dr. Carol Ash— Pulmonologist, National Sleep Expert and Medical Correspondent for the TODAY show— discusses the significance of our dreams. Dreaming in sleep is important for your overall physical and mental health. Dreaming during the day is important for your soul.
Event Location: Saint Peter’s University Hospital
Sister Marie de Pazzi Conference Room
254 Easton Ave, New Brunswick NJ
Free Parking, compliments of Saint Peter’s University Hospital